Tennessee Agricultural Hall of Fame

Tennessee was the first state to honor its agricultural leaders with an Agricultural Hall of Fame, established by the state legislature in February, 1937.

 

Members of the Hall of Fame have shown distinguished and exemplary service to the art and science of agriculture. Each member is honored with their likeness on a bronze plaque. All plaques are on permanent exhibit in the Hall of Fame at the Tennessee Agricultural Museum.

 

From 1937 to 2011 there have been thirteen inductees:

 

William Neal (1849-1934) - Inducted 1937

Mark R. Cockrill (1788-1872) - Inducted 1944

Dudley M. Clements (1889-1950) - Inducted 1944

Dr. Marion Dorset (1872-1935) - Inducted 1949

Goodlettsville Lamb and Wool Club - Inducted 1950

Dr. Harcourt A. Morgan (1867-1950) - Inducted 1951

Dr. Tait Butler (1862-1939) - Inducted 1957

Gov. Andrew Johnson (1808-1875) - Inducted 1957

Joseph Buchner Killebrew (1831-1906) - Inducted 1972

Joseph Frank Porter (1880-1951) - Inducted 1972

Harry Purple Ogden (1888-1940) - Inducted 1974

Ethel Mayo Bond (1881-1967) - Inducted 1987

Ed Jones (1912-1999) - Inducted 2011

 

Tenn Agricultural Museum -  tnagmuseum.org -  (615) 837-5197  -  tennessee.agricultural.museum@tn.gov